THALENTE KHOMO | PHOTOGRAPHER

Thalente Khomo
 Q: Tell me about yourself, who you are, where you from and how do you feel it has influenced the way you look at the world?
A: My name is Thalente Khomo and I am from Egcelima, in the South Coast of KwaZulu Natal. I am a creative that has been trained in photography. I hold a National Diploma and currently studying towards my Btech in photography at the Durban University of Technology.
Photography has influenced the way I look at the world around me and it has granted me an opportunity to share my story.

Q: Do you have any inspiration that influences you and your work?
A: My childhood memories have become a huge influence on my work. I also draw inspiration from other artists like Sir Prof Zanele Muholi and Wangechi Mutu.




Q: Do you think it is important as a creative to be open about their experiences?
A: Yes, it is important. For me, art comes from a very deep place and as a creative, I create from a space of hurt, love, and joy. Everything that I create is shaped from all my experiences.

Q: Tell me about your planning process
A: I don’t plan, it just happens. Every image that was or is success was a matter of me sitting and meditative state and it showed itself to me and then I try to put it in a physical world.

Q: What are you currently busy with?

A: I am currently in a residency with Orms Cape Town School of Photography working on a project called Umthunzi Wesithunzi. I started working in this project in 2018 and this residency has allowed me to grow by pulling in what I have experienced growing up.





Comments

Popular Posts