Q&A with DJ and events organiser Luke Nyabadza

@lukeyfrizzo

Luke Nyabadza is a DJ, events organiser and a promoter, born and bred in Zimbabwe and now based in Cape Town. He refers to himself as a freestyle DJ, which he says involves a lot of different styles. But he enjoys playing and listening to deep house and hip hop. he also organises and runs events, all for the love, culture, to connect, educate and inform while having fun.



Q: How did you get to where you are today? What has been your career path?
A: I am working part time. I've always had love for music and one day i decided HAY!! let me just do what i love and passionate about, Music!! I could have learnt to play an instrument or whatever that is related to music at that time, which i am still planning to do anytime soon. But i found DJ-ing. I love it, i love music, any type of music.
Music feeds my soul, i feel more alive and free when playing and listening to music. 
Music makes me happy.

Q: How did you learn what you do as a DJ?
A: I am self-taught. i have learnt a lot from watching videos on You Tube: the basics of DJ-ing. Next month i am starting a course at Pioneer DJ Institute, to get in-depth knowledge about DJ-ing.

Q: Who inspires you?

 A: Myself. 



Q: What keeps you motivated?
A: Life and always wanting better for myself and people around me.

Q: Any advice for someone interested in learning what you do?
A: Listen to a lot of music, work hard and also be willing to learn from other people.

Q: How do you define success?

A: Success if never ending. I feel like success is more like achieving a goal and moving on to the next one. I can say it's all about working super hard in achieving your goals.


Comments

Popular Posts