Khethile Chili | Stylist, Make Up Artist and Image Artist


Q: Tell me a little about yourself, who you are and where you from?
A: I come from Chestaville, a township in Durban. I am a make up artist and a stylist deep rooted in fashion. I'm basically a passionate, free spirited creative soul.

Q: Please tell me about the work you do?
A: I do creative direction as a make-up artist and stylist for different brands, while I enjoy working with other creatives.

Q: What has been your career path?
A: I have progressed from working as a retail artist to freelancing in the film production industry.


Q: How did you figure out what you wanted to do? Anything or anyone in particular that influenced your life, therefore gave you direction?
A: In all honesty, I fell into make-up artistry. I studied Biomedical Technology at The Durban University of Technology. But my life long dream has always been to become South Africa's most sought after fashion buyer.

Q: How did you learn to do what you do?
A: I started by just winging when I started working for a particular beauty brand that I was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to study make-up. Thereafter I immersed myself in my passion.

Q: What do you love about the work you do?
A: It will have to be creative freedom.




Q: Who inspires you?
A: Yasmin Furme

Q: How do you define success?
A: The ability to do what you love on a daily bases, still find it fulfilling and to rewarded handsomely for it in monetary value. Bust most of all to have people to share all this goodness with.

Q: What is the best advice you've ever received in general, or about how to be more creative?
A:  To explore the art without ant self restriction. In that way with originality you stand out from the rest.


Comments

Popular Posts